Excerpts from the 1960 Census of Ann Arbor

Item

Title
Description
These two sheets of data were compiled during the 1960 Census and reflect population statistics for the city of Ann Arbor and the greater Washtenaw County. While Census data often fails Black and Brown people, it is critical to note how almost 40% of the recorded Black population of Ann Arbor was noted to live within Census Tract WA-0007, which roughly corresponds to the North Central and Northeastern areas of the city. Moreover, much can be gleaned from looking at the non-white populations and class dynamics of surrounding tracts to understand the shape of segregation in the city and county.
Creator(s) of the Record
[United States Census Bureau?]
Date
circa 1960
Medium
Paper
Type
Report
Rights
This digitized copy is generously provided for research purposes by the Bentley Historical Library, the institution charged with overseeing the care of the original document. Copyright for this document is held by the Regents of the University of Michigan.
Rights Holder
Regents of the University of Michigan
Source
Eunice Burns papers: 1960-2011
Bibliographic Citation
Eunice Burns Papers, Box 2, Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI.

New Tags

I agree with terms of use and I accept to free my contribution under the licence CC BY-SA.